Sencha (煎茶, literally translates as decocted tea) is the most popular type of green tea in Japan. In fact, more than 80% of the green tea processed in Japan results in sencha. When brewed, this tea has a greenish golden color, a refreshing aroma and a good balance between astringency and sweetness.
- Has anti-cancer properties
- Boosts metabolism
- Boosts energy
- Lowers blood pressure
- Stimulates cognition
- Improves skin
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT TEA
- Put about 2 teaspoons of loose leaves into an empty glass. More if you like it strong and bitter, less if you don’t.
- Pour hot water into the glass until the tea leaves are submerged. About a quarter of the glass should be filled.
- Swirl the glass a bit to make sure all the leaves absorb the water, and then let it sit for a minute or so.
- Next, fill the rest of the glass up with hot water, and let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- 1oz - Typically, 1oz will make 10-15 6-ounce cups of tea, depending on how strong you like it.
- Origin: USA